Even in always sunny Florida we know when summer has arrived. For us, it’s when the snow birds have gone north, the Naples tempo returns to normal, the rain falls and the temperature rises. And with warm, wet weather comes bugs. We at Ark Naturals have developed natural, eco-friendly, and pet friendly solutions to these pesky visitors.
Things to Consider -
Should you use a chemical RX and or over the counter pesticide product? From my point of view it’s not an option. Do they work? Typically yes, to varying degrees. Are their potential side effects? Absolutely.
As part of the natural world - we believe that less is more. While herbal products are not as long lasting as the pharmaceutical products - the incidence of side effects is also smaller.
Downsides to consider include:
- Herbal products don’t last as long and therefore need to be reapplied more frequently.
- Don’t go MIA when using herbal flea/tick products - inspect your pet’s fur from head to tail to ensure the problem is under control.
- Safer for pets, humans, and the environment
- Smaller incidence of side effects
When using any flea/tick products I urge you to think about the following:
- Be cautious when using any flea/tick product on cats – natural or otherwise.
- Always read the product directions carefully.
- Wash your pet’s bedding and thoroughly vacuum any carpeting your pets came in contact with.
- Prior to using any flea/tick product, if your pet is taking medication for any chronic illness –contact your vet for concerns about interactions and/or possible side effects
- Do your homework. Check out multiple pet/vet blogs for information about the specific ingredients in the product you intend to use.
Lastly - if natural products are harder to use and less effective why bother? My opinion… it’s safer for everyone. You, your pets, your kids and the planet.
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to send us your comments.
"Your Pets... never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation" ~ Jerome K. Jerome