Made In USA
FIND A STORE:
1-800-926-5100  |  sales@arknaturals.com

ASK THE PROS

Plaque-Zapper: Effective in Water? Contraindications between Plaque-Zapper and Pharmaceuticals.

Posted on: 10/30/2011 7:18 AM
Answered By:

QUESTION 1:  Regarding Plaque Zapper - My vet told me that 'nothing can work if it is administered in water'. Is this accurate?

ANSWER 1:  The product is enzyme-based, and needs a very low concentration in order to act. If you watch a dog drink, you will notice that water goes all over the place, including around the teeth and even outside the mouth. Putting it in the water ensures that it is distributed throughout the mouth. The enzymes used dissolve protein, which along with bacteria and minerals, is the basis of plaque. By getting rid of the protein base, plaque is less sticky, and bacteria are swept away more easily. This results in cleaner teath and fresher breath.

QUESTION 2:  Regarding Plaque Zapper - Is there an interaction between the enzymes in the Plaque-Zapper and contraindications with pharmaceuticals?

ANSWER 2:  For pharmaceutical interactions, anything that is ok to use with pancreatic enzymes should also be ok to use with Plaque Zapper. Nancy Scanlan, DVM, MSFP, CVA ~ Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog.

COMMENTS

You must be a registered user to submit a comment in this section.

Register      |      Log in

If you are registered user, please login to continue your submission. If you are not currently
a registered user, we'd love to welcome you into the fold. Please Register with us!

Mimi Bailey

Question 3: Regarding Plaque Zapper: Does the product work when used in a pet fountain that recirculates the water. Thanks!

Posted: 2 years ago
J Meisel

How much water is appropriate for one packet of Plaque-Zapper?

Posted: one year ago
Ark Naturals Admin

Response to Mimi Bailey: No, the product would be filtered out. Plaque Zapper would only be effective in a filtered water fountain if the filter was removed.

Ark Naturals Admin

RESPONSE to J Meisel: You do not need to follow a specific product to water ratio. Similar to using mouthwash, Plaque Zapper will be sloshed around in the pet's mouth and be effective. The product is effective for 6-8 hours so it is best to add to approximately what the pet will drink in that amount of time. I empty and clean my dog's water bowl before bedtime. Then first thing in the morning I add Plaque Zapper to a fresh bowl of water. Hope that helps!

Laura Sweeting

Great info, thanks. I knew it worked because I looked at my dog's teeth before using Plaque Zapper and 1 month after, and I could see a definite improvement. Now I know WHY it works.

William Fitzsimmons

Hi...Regarding the "Omega Mender! Itch Ender!" product, should it be administered only once per day, and is it okay to apply it to a dog's food? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ark Naturals Admin

RESPONSE to William Fitzsimmons: Yes, our Omega Mender! Itch Ender! product can be applied to a dog's food and should be administered only once per day.